One of the things that I love about living in the city is that there is always something to do. Something is always happening in the city. Not just the planned events like festivals, plays, concerts, street fairs, ..... these things are wonderful for sure. But I love the unplanned happenings of the city.

When the girls and I have been cooped up in the house too long, and we don't have the car, and our budget says that I've bought too many coffees and slices of pizza for the week, I love to just wander and explore the streets of our neighborhood. And so far, these nomadic walks have never let me down...

A store has a grand opening and they are giving away food and balloons.

A store is closing and all of the remaining merchandise is super cheap.

We will spot a local celebrity and stop and stare. (For some reason, I physically cannot help but stare at   really interesting people, and unfortunately I have passed this skill along to Evelynn. My parents used to snap at me to break my stare and now Scott has dutifully taken on this responsibility.)

Buskers are playing really good music and we stop and listen for a while, which is sure to get Evelynn dancing, which is always a good time.

We will run into a neighbor and have a nice sidewalk chat while Evelynn runs around us.

We will discover a new park or field to explore.

We happen upon a life-sized chess board just a few blocks from our house?! So awesome.

"Free Boxes" outside various stores. Many o'treasures have been found in these.

And then, there is the nature that so wonderfully surrounds us.
A twig on the ground turned princess wand.
Colorful flower petals turned delicious candies.
A low tree turned castle.
Fallen leaves turned hair adornments.
Various rocks turned apples and muffins.

And the glorious mountains that peek through every building, tree, and house never fail to greet us like an old faithful friend.

I sure love this city.
It is starting to feel like home.


















 




1 comments:

Andy and Kaye said...

love your commentary on the city Aubyn. i love your city too! can't help but laugh at the way Evelynn's pointer finger is a bit crooked in the picture of her on the stairs. like mother like daughter in more ways than just staring! :-)