A beautiful afternoon and a little girl dressed up as Tinker Bell called for an outdoor tea party. Evelynn, Millie (the hot pink kitty), and I thoroughly enjoyed some tea (juice) and treats (gummy worms) on our deck the other day. 

I love watching Evelynn's little fingers learn to master new skills; like pouring the tea into the little tea cup.
I also love Evelynn's imagination. She has the ability to make ordinary things seem so special. Everything has potential. Anything can become something. She inspires me to imagine. She reminds me to look past the obvious.

Thank you Mom for keeping this beautiful tea set from when I was little! Isn't the picture on the tea pot adorable? 
And how surreal is it that I get to share tea parties with Evelynn using the same beautiful tea set that my Mom shared on many occasions with me?




 








She took a little break from all the sipping and chatting to dance, of course.


1 comments:

Andy and Kaye said...

What a special treat and special pictures to share tea with Evelynn in the sun. As I recall you often took breaks for dancing or general wiggling too! Love you.
Mom