5.09.2010

I Love My View

Excuse me, this is my first Blog-Hi-jacking, but I've got something to say. So listen up...

As Aubyn's husband and Evelynn's dad, I just have to say I love my view! I get to witness things that no one else does. I see it all; the good AND the bad... and through it all I'm struck by how amazing a mom Aubyn is. She is fantastic! She is creative and thoughtful. She's energetic, flexible, resilient and strong. She is so full of love and with her heart so full she does so much! She's always making, fixing, cleaning, protecting, repeating, running, crouching, squatting,scratching, picking, wiping, putting-away, watching, laughing, disciplining, teaching, praying, dancing, singing... and she does it all while maintaining a beauty that still makes my eyes widen.

I can't fully explain just how wonderful a mom she is...
but i'll keep trying...
She is awesome! She's constantly putting Evelynn's needs above her own desire for food, sleep and general hygiene. I come home from work and am often pleasantly surprised at what craft or activity she's conjured up. I know that she is a big influence on the way Evelynn dances, jokes, looks, eats, knocks things over, loves, etc... I just hope and pray that Evelynn will catch her mom's pure-hearted, authentic spirit which is the reason I fell in love with her!

Here are some pictures that give you an idea of the view that I've been blessed with during the past year and a half... enjoy, be inspired, learn from one of the best, take notes, etc...
Here's to Aubyn, my favorite mom!

















Thanks for watching,
Scott



4 comments:

Andy and Kaye said...

thank you for honoring my precious Aubyn. I agree with your heartfelt sharing of her as a mother. i loved reflecting back through the pictures of Evelynn and her mommy together. thank you for joining our family, adding scott to our mix. love all 3 of you! Mom (KayeK)

Andy and Kaye said...

Wow! Scott, this shows what an amazing, thoughtful, encouraging, loving husband and father you are. Thank you for loving Aubyn so deeply. You are right...she is an incredible mom. Bless you for recognizing that. You two are such beautiful parents together. Aubyn, I could NOT agree with Scott more!!!!
I love you all. Dad

jamiedelaine said...

If Evelynn turns out even half as amazing as Aubyn she'll be SUCH an incredible woman. Love you Aubyn!!!

Kelly said...

What an incredibly sweet acknowledgement of the incredibly wonderful mommy that Aubyn is. You both are inspirations to me!