11.20.2012

Banff

Last week, my moustache husband and I got to go to beautiful Banff, Alberta for 4 days. 
We are a part of a church planting network and they have an annual retreat for all of their church planters. This year it was in Banff. I was so excited to go because I had never been.
And the scenery did not disappoint. We stayed in a gorgeous, old castle-like hotel that sat right in the middle of the snow capped mountains. Everything about the town and the hotel was charming and picturesque. 
This was the first time I had been away from Maisy, so I was a bit nervous about leaving her behind. And I just finished weaning her, which was a very bitter-sweet process. My little Maisanator and I are used to a lot of cuddle time and we are quite fond of each other. Needless to say, I missed her. But our 4 day retreat was the perfect amount of time away, and my non-mamma soul (if there even is such a thing anymore) needed some attention.
One thing that I learned while we were away: I still really like my husband. He still makes me laugh all the time, he knows me better than anyone else, and I just really enjoy being best friends with him.
I knew all of those things, but while we were away, we were able to focus more on our relationship and I felt a new appreciation for my man.
On the flight there and back, I didn't even know what to do with myself. I looked around to see what the other adults were doing and I ultimately decided to just watch Ellen and not Backyardigans.
Once there, we got 3 full night sleeps. In a row. In a huge king sized bed with one hundred pillows. This was maybe the biggest blessing of the week.  We also ate really good food without our professional moocher (aka: Evelynn) sitting nearby. We heard some great teaching from the speakers at the retreat. We talked to a lot of old friends and made some new friends; all of whom are doing the same crazy thing that we are doing. 
And now that we are home with our little girlies, I feel even more grateful for my life here at home.






2 comments:

jamiedelaine said...

aubyn, you're the prettiest.

Andy and Kaye said...

Love your words Aubyn. Grateful for your open appreciation for your man! Time away is always a blessing for all involved.
Mom