Maisy Pearl,
You have changed so much in these last few weeks! 
Your top two teeth are officially in business. 
You are really crawling now. 
Your blonde hair is slowly growing more.
And.....the big one....you are standing. Everywhere you can. You are pulling yourself up on everything! It's all you really care to do these days. You crawl to something so that you can pull yourself up to it.
It is really cute, but now I cannot take my eyes off of you for fear that you will break/spill/chew/fall/throw something. Your new found standing ability has brought with it a strong curiosity. I think I always knew that you had a feisty side to your personality, and now you are letting it shine. You are still very sweet and content, but also a little bit mischievous. 
You have already discovered toilet bowl water.....with little girl droppings in it....ahem. You have learned to open cupboards and empty them. You found the shelf with my mugs on it and threw one down....I will be moving those very soon. You like to hit the TV. And you especially like to crawl into Evelynn's room and play with her set-ups (this is our official family word for Evelynn's block/lego/animal creations) which she does not love so much.
When Evelynn was your age, we never had to buy those door latches or gates or anything.  But with you, my dear, there will definitely be some baby-proofing happening very soon.
Gone are the days of setting you down with a pile of toys and going about my business.
You are now my business.
It's a good thing you are so cute.



2 comments:

Andy and Kaye said...

This is such a great diary of Maisy's life that you have shared with us. She will always have these personal, creative mommy words to remember this 10 month period in her life by.

Kelly said...

Love the way you phrase things. Not sure if you're a better writer or photographer, but I sure enjoy them both!
(I need your mailing address. Can you send it to me at kabryson@comcast.net?)