3.15.2012

today.

Yesterday.
Yesterday was a long day.
We did not leave the house allllll day.
Yesterday it snowed. Not the pretty "let's go outside and play" kind of snow, but the wet and dreary kind.
Maisy has not been sleeping well the past week. A quick google research informed me that there is actually something called "4 month sleep regression". I felt a little better after learning this.
Yesterday, I was so tired.

All of these things are so silly and petty, but it made for a very long day.
And I was fighting a bad attitude.

But, today.
Today was beautiful.
I still didn't have the car.
Masiy still didn't sleep well.
But, today, I asked God to give me a good attitude.
And not only did he help me to choose joy, but He gave me sunshine!
I felt like I was greeting a friend that I had not seen in a long time.
I actually needed my sunglasses for the first time in months.

The girls and I made the familiar walk down Main St.
I love how Evelynn always notices details that I often overlook.
Leaves, people, garbage, noises, reflections...

Today was good.




A trip to the library always puts us in a good mood.



This little Mexican joint was just begging us to come inside for nachos. While we waited, Evelynn and I played with Mr. Potato Head. 


Dee-lish. And good salsa. That's key.

 
Love this girl with all my heart.


Walking off the nachos.


Every time I peek into the stroller, I'm greeted with this gorgeous smile. 



1 comments:

Kelly said...

Bless you, dear Aubyn. What a lovely reminder to embrace an attitude of gratitude.