For a while now, Scott and I have been intentionally making changes in our life to live greener and healthier. We still have a long way to go, but it feels good knowing that these small changes are creating a healthier and simpler life for our little family. And we are doing our part to take care of the earth God has given us.
Most recently, a change that we made was installing a clothes line in our backyard. I was so excited to hang the first load of laundry out to dry! I'm sure that when September rolls around, the excitement will have worn off, but for now, it is my new favorite summer chore.

Shout out to my mom: When we were living in London, she taught me the art of effectively hanging clothes to dry. It really is an art, people! The placement of the clothes pins is crucial and the spacing and length of overlapping can make hours of difference in drying time.





3 comments:

RYANCOOK said...

You guys are true Vancouverites. We will get along so well. :)

Andy and Kaye said...

Sorry you have that shade to deal with. And don't forget you can hang nicer shirts on a plastic hanger on the clothesline to keep their shape better! Yeah for clotheslines. Mom

Angela said...

Do you have one of those light brown wicker laundrey baskets? You know the kind I'm talking about, right? I really think you're full experience of clothes-line drying would only be complete if you used one of those to take the wet clothes outside (and maybe you should wear an apron too).