7.16.2012

Portland

Last weekend, we took a road trip down to Portland to go to a friend's wedding and to visit my brother and his wife who just moved there. I am so happy to have them close by. 

the Saturday market


Evelynn really loved spending time with Uncle Konnor and Auntie Tana (I'm kicking myself for not getting a picture of all of us!) 

I got to meet up with some of my high school friends. We had such a great time catching up and telling stories from our crazy/awkward/wonderful high school years.

The four of us crammed into a motel room for three nights. Not the most enjoyable sleeping arrangements....Glad to be home in our own beds.


 I love bookstores. Powell's Books takes up an entire city block. It is incredible. I could have spent the entire day wandering around looking through books.

Conclusion: I love Portland. I still don't love road trips. I don't love the unbuckle/turn around mom maneuver that must be done hundreds of times during road trips. I don't love sleeping in one room with our whole family. I do love Konnor and Tana. I love that they are having a baby. I love that we will get to see them more often.

1 comments:

Andy and Kaye said...

Thanks for sharing some weekend pictures. Glad you guys had time together. Where is the rest of Evelynn's Saturday Market outfit? :-)
Mom