Is it weird that I get super excited to check out children's books from the library? I love browsing through rows and rows of books and then looking through my huge stack of books until I have narrowed it down to a pile of good mamma-approved books for Evelynn to bring home. 
I love books with good illustrations. I love books that creatively teach good morals and lessons. I love when books are written really well. I like it when a book makes me laugh. I love unique little characters. I love the fantasy and make-believe. I just really like good children's books. 
And I especially love when Evelynn gets lost in a pile of books. Sometimes she looks at them quietly and other times she makes up stories out loud. Those made up stories are the best!
I loved reading as a kid (Babysitter's Club anyone?), and it makes my heart happy to see Evelynn feel the same. She is a lot like her Daddy.....pretty much a full on Daddy's girl. So, I like that this is one of our 'things'. 
Reading is our thing.








1 comments:

Andy and Kaye said...

You have always loved to read. Love it that you are passing on that love to Evelynn. I can certainly attest to how much she loves to sit and read a book over and over and over again! :-)
Mom